Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WATCH Zoe Kravitz get Rock ‘n’ Roll for ASOS!


It was circa summer 2010 that Grazia Daily's fascination with Zoe Kravitz began. Before that point, we'd admired her as Alexander Wang's enigmatic muse (remember when she was his date to the Met Ball?) and nodded once or twice at her sartorial swishes on the New York FROWs, but we admit it was her dad who caused most of the Kravitz-induced drooling. 

Then we bumped into her at the V Festival last year. The rocker offspring was playing it super low-key in the VIP lounge, with round John Lennon-esque sunnies clamped to her pretty features. Once we'd plucked up the courage to ask who she was here to see (The Kooks and Kasabian, FYI), she happily chatted away and let us tell you this: Zoe is seriously, ridiculously cool. 

A year later and she's under the Hollywood spotlight thanks to her role alongside January Jones and Jennifer Lawrence in the latest X-Men instalment, which means there's more of her rocker-meets-hippy style to come. And it begins with this month's ASOS magazine, where a Kohl-eyed Kravitz is posing up a storm amongst the vintage boutiques of London's East End.

The 'Rock ‘N’ Roll' shoot amps up the 20-year-old's eclectic, and occasionally eccentric, taste thanks to bold geometric prints and Beetlejuice-inspired stripes, worn with a jaunty hat, sleeveless biker jacket and Stephen Webster jewels. Clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? Not only is Lenny Kravitz her dad but Lisa 'Cosby Show' Bonet, and Grazia Daily's 80's style crush, is her mum. In fact, Zoe admits, 'I used to be a little embarrassed by how she and my dad would dress…but now I steal their clothes all the time.' Smart girl. 'My dad has totally taken my Cat Stevens t-shirt, but it's OK, I have his Black Flag one and that's amazing. And my mum...There's this little vintage store where she lives in Topanga Canyon [California] called Hidden Treasures. It's just a local spot, but we've been living there forever, so my mum will often donate her stuff. She took a bunch of stuff down while I was away and I went there when I got back and bought five of her things. I got home and was like, 'I can't believe I just paid for you clothes!' Out of everything in the store, I'd bought my mother's things.'

- Jessica Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment